1. 2020 Perch Fees are as follow: 6 bird team for $500. Less then 6 birds entered is $100 per bird – NON REFUNDABLE.
2. AVERAGE SPEED ELIGIBILITY. If you wish to participate in average speed prizes you must include $25 per bird WITH YOUR PERCH FEES, no discount 6 bird team = $150 in addition to the perch fees, prior to, or at the time the birds are sent -NON REFUNDABLE. To win any funds in average speed a bird must clock in ALL FIVE RACES.
3. Accepting birds May 1st, 2020 – May 31st, 2020, replacements accepted until July 1st 2020 – NO EXCEPTIONS. We prefer birds are shipped at about 6 weeks of age.
4. ONLY VERIFIABLE AUTHORIZED AU, IF, CU, and MX BANDED BIRDS WILL BE ALLOWED to participate, UNLESS there is a way for a person to track a lost or injured bird, ie phone number on the band.
5. We highly recommend All Birds receive a PMV shot 14-21 days prior to arrival to the TEXAS HOLIDAY DERBY. They will be vaccinated upon arrival. Please do not vaccinate them when you ship them, they will be vaccinated when they get here.
6. Perch Fees must accompany birds or before. Failure to send perch fee with the birds may result in the immediate sale of the birds or non-entry of the birds into the system.
7. Road Training will begin in late September (date to be determined by loft manger and weather).
8. Training and Races will be a north course. Attempts will be made for all races to be headwind races and may be held to accomplish this.
9. NO Activation Race, FIRST RACE will be 125 miles. All uninjured birds being sent to the 125 mile race will be required to pay the “Activation Fee” of $200 per bird. Failure to pay the “Activation Fee” prior to the 125 mile race will result in the sale of unpaid birds. Any bird sold for the activation fee will then become property of the buyer and breeder relinquishes all rights to the bird and any prize money.
10. All uninjured birds on the team must be activated. This is an “All or Nothing” race series, no cherry picking.
11. Breeders are responsible for making the Activation Payment no less than 7 days prior to the 125 mile Race. If you pay the activation fee prior to the 125 mile race and you have a bird which fails to return prior to OR be shipped on the 125 mile race you will have the activation fee FOR THAT BIRD returned.
12. Email updates and website updates will be posted prior to and after the Activation period with payment information including ways to pay and deadlines. It is the breeders responsibility to READ THE EMAILS AND UPDATES sent and follow the necessary steps to ensure ongoing eligibility.
13. Race Series and average speed will consist of 5 races 125 Miles, 175 miles, 225 Miles, 275 Miles, and 325 Miles.
14. 325 Mile Race will be the Final Race and can be shortened or lengthened by the race manager dependent upon weather conditions.
15. FINAL RACE ONLY! Arrival of the first pigeons together will be considered a drop and paid equally – (if 5 pigeons arrive together – the top 5 prizes will be added together and split equally among the first 5 pigeons). If one or more pigeon(s) does not trap which arrived with the first pigeons this pigeon will be considered on the drop until another pigeon arrives. All other prizes will be paid by clocking order.
16. Any payout for the 125 Mile, 175 Mile, 225 Mile and 275 Mile races will be paid by clocking order. There is no dead time during races, clock will keep running until race is finished.
17. Race is over 30 min after sunset on the 2nd day from release. Any remaining prizes to be paid out will be divided equally among the returned and clocked birds.
18. If two or more birds show in the clock as exact ties, prizes will be added up and split equally among the birds which tied. If bird does not clock due to piggy back or clock/chip malfunction and TEXAS HOLIDAY DERBY Staff verifies the bird in the drop, such bird will be placed last in the drop order.
19. Any unforeseen circumstances will be settled solely by the loft manager.
20. In case of a Natural Disaster or Catastrophic Event requiring the cancellation of the race(s), birds will be shipped back to the breeder at breeders expense. Prize money would be divided equally for the remaining races among pigeons still competing.
21. In the event no birds return from the final or any other race and the series is over, All remaining race prize money will be divided equally to the birds shipped on the race in question.
22. Ace pigeons will be verified by the clock, computed on total distance/total time. Average Speed will determine the Ace Pigeon Champion Birds and will include the 125, 175, 225, 275, and 325 Mile Races.
23. Breeders/Fanciers winning over $600 in prizes will be required to provide a W9 form to TEXAS HOLIDAY DERBY.
24. Breeders winning over $600 in prizes from outside the United States will be required to fill out the appropriate paperwork according to the country they reside (Ex: Canada W8-BEN).
25. Any and All birds being returned after races to breeder will be required to have shipping expenses paid by the breeder/fancier. Shipping expenses will be determined per current rates at the time of shipping due to recent and possible future increases in shipping fees within the United States Postal Service.
26. TEXAS HOLIDAY DERBY WILL NOT HOLD CHECKS for payments of perch fees or activation.
27. Any Check returned NSF will be charged a $35.00 NSF Fee.
28. TEXAS HOLIDAY DERBY is not responsible for processing fees for the use of PayPal or Credit Card. The use of PayPal and Credit Cards are a convenience set up by TEXAS HOLIDAY DERBY for those that choose to use them. Processing Fees are Non-Refundable.
29. TEXAS HOLIDAY DERBY is not responsible or liable for any loss, injury, or failure of any bird to return from settling, training or races.